Objectives of Position: The Volunteer Sonographer is responsible for implementing medical services offered to meet client needs.
The Volunteer Sonographer should…
- Hold a current Registered Sonographer’s License in good standing with the Medical Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Exhibit skill in interpersonal communications.
- Be able to work flexible work schedule including some evenings.
- Carry out responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Be in accordance with our Statement of Faith and Commitment of Care
- Maintain accurate records, care-plans and follow-through on physician’s orders.
- Implement physician’s orders and advise physicians of patient’s progress and changes in condition.
- Assist physician with exams and treatments as needed.
- Provide education for patient and family to develop an understanding of their health condition.
- Patient follow-up per patient care-plan and standardized procedures.
- Perform ultrasounds
- Perform tasks as requested by the Nurse Manager.
To apply for the volunteer sonographer position, please complete our volunteer application here: http://supportblueridge.org/volunteer/